2000-register

Re: new air intake for PI's?

Subject: Re: new air intake for PI's?
From: "Dave W" <dw_triumph@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:16:16 +1300
I made a trip to one of the local breakers in search of a throttle body off
a late injection car but it's quite hard to find one without too many
sensors bolted on!! The biggest butterfly equipped one I found was off a
Mitsubishi Galant 3.0, the butterfly was a good size but the body around it
was far to wide to work on the triumph. He only wanted NZ$30 for it too!!
I'll try the Ford wrecker next. The Australian built straight-6 4.0L Falcon
might be less sophisticated than the jap cars. It would line up with BHP
figure ok, I think they ran at around 190bhp.
Regards
DaveW