2000-register

Re: 5 cylinders

To: <clifford.pope@virgin.net>, <2000-Register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5 cylinders
From: "Andy Ellis" <andy@triumph.zx3.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 06:32:41 +0100
Concerning faulty new plugs, some years ago I was trying to start up a
barn-find Mk 1 Ford Escort. Amongst the usual things we had changed all the
plugs. We had fuel, we had spark from the coil, we had everything.
Investigation showed number 1 plus not firing. We changed the plug for
another new one but still no go.

In desperation we tow-started the car and got it running lumpily on three
cylinders. It transpired that out of  five new plugs,  TWO were faulty.

OK, an isolated incident - but it can happen!

Hope you get it running OK

- Andy.