2000-register

Triumphs in France!

To: 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumphs in France!
From: "Sharon Patterson" <sapat@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 21:40:30 GMT
Hello everyone
Just thought I'd drop a line to let you know how the 2500S got on with her
visit to Paris.  Well I have to report we had no problems, with the
exception of a speedo cable that gave up in Calais - but that was our fault
as we could not locate a speedo cable in time and resorted to using a second
hand dodgy looking one.  Anyway she certainly got some looks and we were
offered the keys to the eurostar shuttle in exchange for the keys to the S
by a Frenchman!  Of course we said 'No chance' after all where would we park
it!  So 800 miles in 5 days was a good test out for John Mac's Ten
Cathedral's run in May.  Incidentally, the Triumph used a good £10 less in
petrol than my father-in-law's P reg VW Sharan so I'll never call her a gas
guzzler again.  Lastly, does anyone know when STER is - I can't find any
details in the usual mags
Regards,  Sharon.