2000-register

Re: which cam??

To: Watson <dw_triumph@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: which cam??
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:09:03 +0100 (MET)
On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, you wrote:

> Is there anyway of me being able to tell what type of cam is in the motor
> without taking it out?.

The easiest would probably be to measure actual lift. It should be
sufficient to take off the rocker cover for that.

> In the Triumph 2000-2500 service notices they
> mention 'I.D Rings', and that the Mk1/Mk2 PI up to MG50000 have one wide
> one. Where would this ring be??.

At the end - you would beed to remove the camshaft to see it.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Mail:  Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway