2000-register

Re: Seat Belts.(Kangol Euroflex)

To: gravee.leafoe@cwcom.net
Subject: Re: Seat Belts.(Kangol Euroflex)
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:35:44 +1000
gravee.leafoe@cwcom.net wrote:

> A bit of help from you out there required and a bit of help from me.
> Does the Kangol belt lock when pulled rapidly on entering the car with
> the car stationary on level ground. My everyday Nissan Primera and the
> wifes Almera does but neither Triumph does and it bothers me so go out
> there and tug and
>tell.************************************************************
Early British made seat belts did not require an stap jerk stop. They
mostly relied on a round ball moving up a ramp, or some other pendulum
system, as the car slowed (rapidly). Thus, no amount of tugging on the
belt with a stopped car would get them to work. it was for this reason I
believe that british made belts were not acceptable overseas. We in
Australia fitted 4 seat belts to T2000's etc from 1969 and "modern
style" inertia belts from 1974.

Terry O'Beirne

--
***** English Spare Parts *****