vtr

Re: Looking for bra for '62 TR4

To: Andrew Taylor <ydna.rolyat@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for bra for '62 TR4
From: <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 17:03:27 -0600
Cc: vtr@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Andy, not a bra exactly, but when I was in college, in the very cold months, a
piece of cardboard the approximate size of the radiator, usually a discarded
pizza box, was put in front of the radiator with a hole in it allowing about
1/2 or less air to get to the radiator, had faster warm ups and some heat from
the heater, mostly remember doing this to my Sprite, but I had a TR4 as well,
it may have been done to that car too.

So no ill efects and some intended good effects from the modification.

Must remember to remove it if it gets warm--even for a days drive, I always
just kind of stuffed it in there with no special attachments and it stayed put.

Those were the days.

Greg Lemon
54 Bn1

Your messages not reaching the list?