vtr

Re: posting for Randy..please respond to him

To: "Vintage Triumph Register List" <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: posting for Randy..please respond to him
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:25:14 -0500
Cc: <sandner@attglobal.net>
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Randy asked:
> Subject: sun visor
>

> > listers
> >    have just recieved replacement sun visors for my tr6. is the
> replacement
> > as straight forward as removing the support bars and inserting into
> the
> new
> > visor?is it a friction fit? any suprises?
> > TIA
> > randy sandner
> > tr6
> > hyde park ny

It really is that simple. You will likely want to clean up and paint the
support bars depending on the amount of rust...sometimes old, original sun
visors can be rusted on pretty solidly. If the visors fit too loosely to the
support bars, you may need to crimp the part of the visor that surrounds the
support bars. If you do this, use lots of cushioning and be careful...you
don't want to damage the exterior surface of the new visor. Good luck.
Keith Stewart