vtr

TR6 sputtering

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 sputtering
From: twinter@lsu.edu
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 15:39:32 -0500
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
My 74 TR6 has just begun to sputter and lose power after it gets well
warmed up.  After driving for a bout an hour, it starts sputtering when you
accelerate.  It idles just fine.  It doesn't do this at all when it is cold
and even when it is warm, it has moments when the sputtering gets worse,
then better.

One thing I noticed was that the hose coming out of the carbon cannister
popped off the rear carb.  I need a new hose, but the old one fits back
pretty well, but not perfectly.  That might be the culprit, but I thought
it would improve if I got the hose at least most of the way back on.
Didn't seem to improve at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ty Winter