vtr

Re: Forwarded request from VTR World-Wide-Web Pages

To: gargoyle@staffnet.com, Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>, vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Forwarded request from VTR World-Wide-Web Pages
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 96 16:29:00 EDT
Sender: owner-vtr
> From: Gargoyles Coffee Bar <gargoyle@staffnet.com>
> Subject: TR3 Restoration
>
> Good day, gentlemen.
>
> I am the owner of a 1959 TR3 that I used to drive as my every-day
> car.  I was, at that time, a member of the Washington DC Chapter
> of the Triumph Register of America, but I am now unable to contact
> any of the members I then knew.
>
> I am very interested in finding a quality shop to restore my vehicle,
> but I need direction.  Would your organization be able to at least
> steer me in the correct general direction?
>
> I live in Stafford, Virginia, about 25 miles south of WDC.  Any
> metropolitan Wash DC area shop would be sufficient.
>
> Thank you for your assistance.
>
> John Herlig
> 540-659-0404
Hello John,
     I may be able to help you.  There's a member of the Richmond
Triumph Register named Jamie Barnhardt, who runs a restoration shop
called Innovative Restorations.  While I've never (yet) used his
services, from what I've seen, he's quite good.  The shop is
northeast of Richmond, so its not too far from you, I'd guess.
There's also a shop called Motorhead in the NoVa area, who are
pretty well known, mostly for their parts business, but I
believe that they do restorations and service work as well.  If
not, they'll certainly be able to recommend someone in the area.
I'll be happy to look up phone numbers and addresses (which
are at home, and I'm at work) if you're interested in contacting
either of these firms.

By the way, you may interested in coming down to the Richmond Triumph
Register's spring car show at the Stony Point School in Richmond
on Sunday, May 19th.  There should be a good turnout of TR-3's
(as well as other, lesser, British cars <grin> ).

Sincerely,

John Lye

rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU