[Vintage-race] VRG New Jersey Historic Races Sept 24-25

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Vintage-race] VRG New Jersey Historic Races Sept 24-25
From: Mark Palmer <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:31:30 +0000
All Vintage Racers,

You're invited to the 3rd annual VRG New Jersey Historic Races on September 24
& 25.

As in 2008, this event takes place on the Lightning Circuit at New Jersey
Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ (about an hour south of Philadelphia, PA).
This is the only vintage race of the year on Lightning!  It's a fast, flowing
circuit with some interesting elevation change -- great for small-bore and
big-bore cars.  VRG accepts driver credentials (including medicals) from any
VMC-member club.

Once again, our weekend coincides with the Millville Air Show.  This year, it
is primarily a static (ground) display, although there will be some
fly-over's.  The organizers expect over 50 planes, most of which will be
vintage WWII warbirds.  Local collector Tom Duffy has recently added a P-51
Mustang to his collection, along with his existing Spitfire, P-47 Thunderbolt,
and other great historic planes.  As in past years, our Friday night barbecue
will be held at the Air Museum -- chock full of remarkable WWII memorabilia.

This year, this will be a 2-day event, run on Friday & Saturday.  You will
still get a ton of track time!  We expect to have just 4 race groups, or
perhaps 5 at the most, allowing each group to have three lengthy sessions each
day.  In addition to the usual practice sessions, each group will get three
race sessions during the weekend.  And the 2-day format reduces your travel
expense and time away from home.

Entry form, FAQ's, and schedule are available on the VRG web site
www.vrgonline.org under "event info", or click here:

http://www.vrgonline.org/events/njmp/2010/njmp2010entry.pdf

Enter by August 31 and get a nice discount on the entry fee!  Hope to see you
there.

Mark Palmer
VRG Event Chairman
Vintage-race@autox.team.net