Re: [Vintage-race] Need advice on lifts

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] Need advice on lifts
From: John.Desantis@Inficon.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:33:43 -0500
I have a two post - had to cut 4 holes into the existing floor for some
very large bolts and footers.  I love my lift  but it is limiting
in that it takes up a lot of space in the bay in front of my only door. If
you have multiple doors this would not be a concern.

I had to have extra high rails so my door gets above the lift with the car
all the way up - was no big deal.

The four post lifts on wheels look like the cats pajamas as you can roll
the lift out of the way when you want some room,
also it does not prevent you from opening the door of the car on the lift.

However- I think the 4 post lifts are all wheel lifts. I much prefer my
frame lift, much more open under the car.

Just my 0 cents.

John DeSantis

Haven't been and Never will be.
        Racing