[Vintage-race] 1957 TR3 vintage race car for sale

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: [Vintage-race] 1957 TR3 vintage race car for sale
From: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:38:18 -0700
For many years this car was raced with VARA on the west coast.  I bought
it and had it transported to Arkansas by Joe Alexander.

Rear suspension has been lowered using longer shackles. Original
shackles are included.  Front vertical links have been previously
modified to create 1.5 degrees of negative camber.  I was planning on
replacing these with Uncle Jacks modified upper a-arms and original
vertical links.

Parts included are:

    * aluminum seat pan and cover
    * tach and speedometer cables
    * southwick axle conversion (unassembled), needs your choice of ring
      and pinion
    * welded factory rear axle with 4:10 gears (at least according to PO)
    * detroit locker (I assume its good but have no history on it)
    * modified upper A-Arms (modified by Uncle Jack)
    * front and rear suspension components from BFE
    * lightened steel flywheel (from Uncle Jack's 1st run of flywheels)
    * new brake shoes and wheel cylinders
    * new hi torque starter
    * NOS door mirrors
    * new LUK clutch kit (older version before they changed hands)
    * new rear shock links
    * new accusump with electric control valve
    * new fuel cell with fuel sender (not name brand)
    * new 12" electric fan
    * new longacre rear view mirror
    * new steering wheel quick disconnect hub
    * new carb heat sheild from A.R.E.
    * new brooklands screens
    * new carb air horns from A.R.E.
    * new brake rotors
    * new fuel regulator
    * new fuel filter (racing style replaceable element)
    * new motor mounts
    * new transmission mount
    * oem tachometer
    * oem speedometer
    * various oem switches
    * many other parts, mostly original TR3 components
    * clutch/flywheel scatter shield from Uncle Jack
    * tunnel cover
    * halon fire suppression system for cockpit and engine compartment
    * roll bar
    * possibly a few other race goodies that I just can't think of right now

ENGINE

    * BFE rear main seal kit
    * new cam gear
    * new crank gear
    * camshaft to use as core for whatever grind you want
    * new rod bearings
    * new main bearings
    * new cam bearings
    * new timing chain
    * NOS hepalite 87mm pistons (rings have not been purchased)
    * factory rods
    * GT40 lifter kit from BFE
    * small belt pulley conversion kit from BFE
    * new gasket kit
    * new steel shim head gasket from BFE

All engine components have been */cryogenically/* treated.  This
includes block, crank, cam, head, valves, springs, gears, chain, rods,
pistons, clutch components etc.  Anything internal to the engine has
been treated.

Head was prepared to specs from Kas's original competition and
preparation book.

Engine is ready to be assembled once aluminum oil gallery plugs
(included) are replaced and rings are purchased.  To the best of my
knowledge all machine work has been completed.

The transmission is a factory 4-speed with A-type overdrive.

Pictures can be seen here: http://www.141.com/triumphs/tr3-racer.html

Feel free to call me at 870-329-1335 with any questions.