Re: [Vintage-race] 2 way radios

To: ofbracing@nefcom.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] 2 way radios
From: cfisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:38:35 -0500
Good idea in general about the scanner. I have a Radio Shack "NASCAR"
scanner and hate it though. I don't know if there is something wrong with
mine or I'm just too stupid to figure it out, but have very little luck
picking up the corner workers even when I manually program the frequency in.
I had it working for a while Sunday, though it broke up constantly, then it
just refused to pick up the signal at all. I wondered if I accidently hit a
key that locked the signal out! Very confusing instructions. Can anyone
recommend a good cheap, easy to find scanner, or better yet, just radio to
pick up race control transmissions?

Curt Fisher

Visit: CurtFisherRacing.com
"Racing is life, anything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.