Crew calling driver - where are you?

To: "Vintage Racing List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crew calling driver - where are you?
From: "Tom Phelan" <tomph@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:17:50 -0400
Hi All,

Been kind of quite on the list here so I thought I'd ask about radios.
Anyone care to share recommendations and/or comments on radio scanners
that can be used at vintage events to monitor corner worker activity and
track incidents of note? How about affordable 2-way communication radio
systems (or is that an oxymoron) to forward that info to the driver?
Pros and Cons as well as comments on preformance and limitations
appreciated. Could these same systems do double duty at SCCA events?

Thanks
Tom