Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

To: vintage race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
From: Ralph Steinberg <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:48:20 -0400
To all my fellow jaguar owners and drivers do some paper work snafu's
the discount entry has been extended to May 15th for the BeaveRun
entries for the Historic Races at BeaveRun PVGPA. Since Jaguar is the
marque of the year this year there is a special deal going on for all
jaguar powered cars. If you run at both events you will get a
discount and do it all from one form. For those of you who do not
know it the Historic races at BeaveRun are normally open to all
production and race cars built prior to 1973. Since Jaguar is the
marque of the year ANY YEAR OR MODEL OF A JAGUAR POWERED CAR MAY BE
ACCEPTED TO RACE. Now before you all send in entries for your daily
driver the car and you will need to meet certain levels. The car will
need to pass a full technical inspection and the driver will have to
belong to a current racing organization or have impeccable driving
credentials. So saying if you XJS has belts, correct tires and the
other bits and pieces it could run. Now here is where it gets real
interesting, if you and your car can pass the muster for BeaveRun and
you behave yourself at BeaveRun you can run that same car at Schenley
Park the following weekend. There will be at least one Jaguar only
group at Schenley Park with it's own race on Sunday and many of you
may be eligible to race in some other group (At BeaveRun you will run
in 6 class events and 2 Jag only events)
  I know with the price of fuel this year we are all thinking of
costs when we make up our race schedule. By coming out to Pittsburgh
you can save some money; Secure parking for cars and rigs will be
available at BeaveRun so you only need to tow once for two races. The
cost of fuel is usually cheaper in western Pa than around here. By
entering on the Jag power form your check goes directly to the PVGPA
(they are a full tax deductible organization - how much you claim of
that fee is between you and the IRS) If you get your entry in before
May 15th you can run for 4 days for less than many events. Add the
Friday test and tune day into it and you really get more racing than
anywhere for the money spent. AT the discount price with the test day
added in you would get around 4 hours or better of racing for the
total cast of $550.00 (remember some of this is tax deductible as a
charity) Now add in one of the best parties around and held at the
track, under roof, and it gets real hard to beat. But we will add a
few more things to sweeten the weekend. At BeaveRun there is Slalom
racing going on also so you can get even more out of your car or
perhaps your street Jag. We will have a car corral for Jaguars. At
Schenley there will be a JCNA concurs along with everything else. If
you would choose to stay out for the week there are all sorts of
things going on all week long. We will also have tee shirts and
posters and a driver & crew reception on Friday night.
  This is not something that will come along that often. Closed
course road racing - slalom - street racing and car shows- and where
you and your cars are the stars!
  Thanks and hope to see you there
All of the forms, entries, info, motels and the like are available at
www.cloverleaf-auto.com just click the vintage race button and go to BeaveRun
Ralph Steinberg
Director of Competition PVGPA BeaveRun
1954 XK120