Re: E-bay warning

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: E-bay warning
From: Berry Kercheval <berry@kerch.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:45:20 -0800
Billd13@aol.com wrote:

>I got the same warning about my e-bay account expiring and deleted that
>sucker instantly

When  you get one of those suckers, they're almost always bogus.  Check
where the link actually points; often they SAY it's "www.ebay.com" but
when you mouse over the link it turns out to be
"http://hapless.insecure.doofus.com/hidden/hacker/dir"; or somthing.

If you ever think it MIGHT be legit, because you have a real
eBay/PayPal/WellsFargo account and so on, log on to the account in the
normal way, NEVER click on the link in an email.  Most legit emails from
these places don't even HAVE links, just because of thus problem.

If y'all want more info, google for "phishing", the common term for this
scam.