Weight

To: MGVR@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Weight
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:12:31 EDT
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this - something that came up on
another group.

A TR-8 was racing and won but was weighed afterward and found to be  slightly
underweight. The rules then allowed them to top up the fluids before
weighing, so they added about 12 quarts of oil to it (until it was just about
flowing out the dipstick hole), and presumably also completely filled the water

catch tank to get it up to weight.

You do what you have to do, I suppose......I recall one person whose name
shall remain undisclosed that had a serious under-weight problem and when they
announced that they would be doing routine weigh-ins (and looking for any
illegal ballasting), he half filled all of his tires with water...........

Bill