Re: Roll Bars

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roll Bars
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:21:35 EDT
In a message dated 04/08/2005 10:55:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jari.tabell@pp.inet.fi writes:

To body  must flex as it did in period... So, maybe the roll bar of that TVR
was too  good?

____________________________________

Actually, the body could flex as much as it  wanted - it was all fibreglass
;-)

No, the bar I had in it was single hoop with  cross-brace and two rear braces
as approved for racing in North America (I avoid  cages in vintage cars -
they look really stupid in open cars. Of course if you  don't have them I guess
YOU could look really stupid if that kills  you....)

No forward brace, no sub-bar under the dash, no  bars inside the doors,
nothing fancy. All bolted to special steel plates welded  to the frame as
mounts.
No idea why that wouldn't be good enough for the  FIA.

He also told me that the straight pipe exhaust  would get you tossed out or
arrested in Europe....;-)

Bill