Summit Point

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Summit Point
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:04:00 +0000
All,

Just got the annual flyer from Summit Point in the mail ... it lists all the
club dates.  They may not have this version of the schedule on their web
site yet, but the print version is complete.  The old course and the
Shenandoah are fully booked, every weekend, from April to November.  They
were fully booked as of late fall '04.  I believe several groups have
already run on the new Shenandoah circuit.  Last time I talked to Bill
Scott, he was making several improvements to Shenandoah (eliminating the
tightest esses, and moving the barriers back several places) and expected to
have this complete for the start of the '05 season.  But I haven't been down
there in several months.

Vintage races at Summit for '05 per their schedule:

Jefferson 500 May 20-22
Vintage Racer Group (VRG)  October 1-2 on Shenandoah
Mid-Atlantic Legends/VSCCA Turkey Bowl Nov 25-27

Sadly, SVRA Blue/Gray is no longer at Summit ... SVRA may use that theme on
their VIR event in October.

If anyone wants more info on the VRG event, contact me or visit the VRG web
site, www.vrgonline.org

Mark Palmer