Re: Coolant and corrosion inhibitors?

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coolant and corrosion inhibitors?
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:42:37 EDT
In a message dated 7/27/2004 6:32:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
WSpohn4@aol.com writes:

> Note to self - if attending race where Jack is doing tech, be sure to
> arrive
> with engine really hot so you can't remove the cap and a freshly filled
> (plain water, natch) catch tank..

We will have plenty of time to let it cool down Bill. There will be other
issues, HA HA.

> Actually, the boiling point elevation isn't a big deal for me as my car
> cools quite well, but for those with marginal cooling, the extra BP
> elevation  can
> be critical. I am more concerned with the metals in the engine eating each
> other - I understand that water wetter etc. do offer some anti-corrosion
> attributes.

All of these arguments have a certain degree of validity but when you
consider that most organizations have had this anti-freeze ban for 10-15 years,
it
really isn't an issue anymore. I am actually surprised to see it even being
discussed now.

jw