Coolant additives

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coolant additives
From: "John Gates" <jgates@tx3.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:19:46 -0700
Hay, get a P car!

Actually, I have an old Alfa and ran distilled water and water wetter and
was not happy with the corrosion that developed in a short amount of time.
Somewhere I herd about NAPAkool from the NAPA store, it is apparently a
nitrite type corrosion inhibitor, whatever that means, typically used in
diesels.  Made for NAPA by Gard Corp.  Just started using it so time will
tell.  Anyhow, NAPA has test strips for coolant ph and other stuff too.
Want the ph to be fairly high.  Anyone care to comment about this stuff?

John Gates
Enumclaw, WA