Jim Vaill

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Jim Vaill
From: Cbordin123@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:29:05 EDT
All,

I received the sad news yesterday that Jim Vaill had passed away.
Jim was an American racing hero, but a name that may not be familiar
to you. In 1956 he transformed a gravel pit into a road racing
track. It was through his vision and perseverance that Lime Rock
Park was built. We had intended to have him join us at the May 21
event at Lime Rock to honor him. Sadly this is not to be, as another
connection with the past is lost.

Robert Millstein