Car prep Checklists?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Car prep Checklists?
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:08:59 -0700
This past weekend I had a mechanical failure that looks to be the
result of an oversight on my part.  I could have sworn I checked the
diff oil level, but the evidence does not bear that out.

So rather than rely on my increasingly flakey memory, it might be time
to actually start using printed checklists.  Rather than type it all in
from scratch, I'll ask if others have some on line that are readily
available.  A list of things that you go over before the race season
starts, what to load up and take with you, what to check befoe every
race weekend, what to check before or after every on track session,
whatever.

I'm not real happy with losing expensive parts due to my own stupidity.
Of course, racing a Triumph Spitfire might qualify as a definition of
stupidity ;-)

mjb.