Re: Driving a Transmission with Straight Cut Gears

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driving a Transmission with Straight Cut Gears
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:56:33 -0800 (PST)
Dick

Basically it's "as fast as you can" - the faster the
better. No clutch on the way up but do release the power
momentarily. On the way down skip as many gears as you can,
dip the clutch (to release the load) and raise the revs for
smooth transition to the new gearing as you accelerate.

There is (or was) a full decrption on the Hewland website.

Life just got better for you!

Derek