Re: Lotus Twin Cam HP

To: Richard Hardison <blueshadow@starband.net>
Subject: Re: Lotus Twin Cam HP
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:49:57 -0500
I have a Twin Cam vintage legal 1600 CC unit for Lotus Elan type
vehicles.  Built by Ivy, top builder and totally fresh, dyno time only,
and for sale for $7,500. Built for Renny Watt, never used, sold to me
for more than asking price, never out of crate.  Complete with Webers
and clutch.  Replacement cost around $12,500 I think. Call Mr. Ivy and ask.

HP is 157 at 7100 RPM (7500 red line), Max torque is 136.1 at 5300 RPM.

That is about the max that can be coaxed out of a LEGAL engine.

>From there you go to illegal bottom ends for more RPM, bigger valves
than legal for more HP, change valve angles, titanium valve components,
titanium wrist pins, H rods, steel cranks, and on and on.

Cheers,

Larry Dent