Re: Oil cooler

To: GOFASTMG@aol.com, John.Desantis@inficon.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil cooler
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:40:56 -0700 (PDT)
> Much better to mount it in front, assuming you
> have no other options for
> cooler mounting.

Yeah, mine's mounted right smack dab in front of the
radiator and it's blocking the heck out the airflow
there.  Even so, it doesn't run too terribly hot, even
on really hot days.  About the hottest I've ever seen
it is the needle about halfway between N and H.

Someone on this list modified their car to mount the
oil cooler lower, by cutting some metal out of that
front horizonal panel, but I can't remember who it
was...  Looked like a really tidy job.  When I start
beating on my car out on the track, I'm going to keep
a close eye on water termerature, and if it gets too
hot I'll probably look at the same kind of solution.
Will keep you posted.

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project