Re: Powder Puff Racing

To: "Vintage Race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Powder Puff Racing
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:55:04 -0500
It was written:

> I agree with you that we shouldn't go back to the days of
> female segregation in racing . . .

Gee, one Powder Puff Derby and the long knives come out?

I remember the "Ladies' Races" well -- and they may have originated in part
because the men didn't want to race against women. But I suspect that a more
important reason was that they gave wives/girlfriends a chance to race the
same car that their significant others were running in the "regular" races.

There was a time when not everyone showed up at the track with a
semi-trailer full of race cars . . . :-)

Seems to me that if there were a real objection to re-creating a women's
race that it'd come from the women themselves.

Jim Hill
Ducking for cover