RE: 1275s in Bugeyes

To: "Sadek Charles H DLVA" <SadekCH@nswc.navy.mil>, <dmeadow@juno.com>,
Subject: RE: 1275s in Bugeyes
From: <rickyocum@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:31:04 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Sadek Charles H DLVA
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 10:44 AM
To: 'dmeadow@juno.com'; vintage-race@autox.team.net

David and Others,

        I think part of the problem is, where do you place a car that has an
oversize-significantly in some cases, engine?  For example, say an SVRA Grp
6 '68 Camaro shows up with a big block or a NASCAR 358? ci 700hp engine-and
outruns the regular front-runners?  Uh, well, in SVRA, you can move the car
to Grp 10 or what used to be Exhibition.

Chuck raises an interesting example with a 427 Camaro because Don Yenko ran
just such a beast at Sebring or Daytona - maybe both - and I'm still looking
for that car.  Of course Don's superior speed usually wasn't a long-term
worry for most competitors because my memory tells me he usually ran away
with the race for about two hours, then blew up the car and went home.

Rick Yocum
66 Nova TransAm