Re: 2 Winter Prep questions

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2 Winter Prep questions
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:35:06 EST
Bonding the body to the frame also seems to me to have some (possibly
illegal) ramifications.

If you take a production car like the 7 and use the body to reinforce it in
ways the factory never did, aren't you in effect turning it into a
semi-monocoque in the same way the 'creative' construction of a roll cage,
hooking into suspension pick-up points and such accomplishes.

Not that ANYONE would ever think about such things of course - I'm sure I am
far too sceptical......

Let's see now - some judicious reinforcement of the fibreglass body on my
TVR, some adhesives from the aircraft industry, .....hmmmm ;-)

BTW, has anyone been taken to task in racing (not vintage - we don't usually
care about such stuff) for turning spot welds into continuos welds for
strength, or is that considered OK?

Bill