Re: alternators & cut-offs...a little more

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: alternators & cut-offs...a little more
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:42:28 -0700 (MST)
    The system even has the smarts to unlock the doors before this occurs.

I vaguely recall hearing about Mercedes, or perhaps BMW, showing off their
latest high tech anti-theft system in one of their flagship models at the
Geneva (or Paris?) auto show.  If anyone could get into the car within a
specified time, the car was theirs.  Someone whacked the front bumper with
a baseball bat or something similar, the airbags went off and the doors
unlocked.  Not quite what the manufacturer had in mind, I'm sure.

mjb.