Fwd: Head Lamps, etc, etc

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Head Lamps, etc, etc
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 18:50:41 EST
I hope you don't mind if I send this to the list Rich.

jw
From: Teamvortex@aol.com
Full-name: Teamvortex
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:57:23 EST
Subject: Re: Head Lamps, etc, etc
To: JWoesvra@aol.com

I've got to second Jack's suggestion. Back in 1998, we Vintage Vee drivers
all kinda agreed to actually use generators that generated. (OK, well there
was some pressure about rules and inspections or something). The
results...couldn't find any difference in lap times, didn't have to worry
about batteries, engines run more reliably, etc. Mike Jackson and I spent one
whole season on the road and never once charged the batteries. I do recommend
it.

Calculations show that the hp needed to charge a battery can't be measured on
a dyno. No data, but a lot of laps. We're sold.

Rich
Rich Ernst, President
TeamVortex Racing
Tolland, CT