S/C C/R smoothcase transmission for BMC engines

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: S/C C/R smoothcase transmission for BMC engines
From: "Mike/Donna Carpenter" <Mail4Carpenters@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 02:00:07 -0500
Hello all,

I am new to your list.  I have a '62 Lotus Super Seven and have a few Spridget
race cars.  Hopefully, I can be of some use to the group.

I have a question for any and everyone that can offer an answer.  I am putting
a straight-cut, close ratio smoothcase transmission up for sale and would like
to know the worth of such a racing part.  The transmission is from a '58
Bugeye racer and was mated to a Huffaker A-series engine.  All seems to be
well with the transmission, teeth flat on top and showing no wear at all.
However, there are a few missing teeth, not adjacent to each other, on a
synchronizer.  It almost looks like it may be made that way.  I am not that
knowledgable on transmissions to know the difference.

Has anyone heard a selling price in the past on a similar transmission and/or
would like to make an offer on the transmission?

Thanks everyone for all of your help.

Mike Carpenter