RE: Vintage rain tires

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Vintage rain tires
From: ckoehler@amuniversal.com
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:09:51 -0600
        Hoosier makes a Dirt Stocker tire (that's what it's called) which is
very good in the rain.  Conventional tread pattern and 60-series profile
make it ideal for vintage racing.  One problem.  The dirt track compound is
so soft that the tires will burn up if the track dries out by the end of the
session.  You get about two laps on a dry track before damage occurs.  But
for an all day soaking rain, they are hard to beat.

         Cliff Koehler
        ckoehler@amuniversal.com