Re: A Corvette Response

To: Rick.Yocum@mail.sprint.com
Subject: Re: A Corvette Response
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:09:54 -0600
Rick.Yocum@mail.sprint.com wrote:

> -
> #5  Most other racers, not all, consider Corvette drivers as "barbarians
> at
> the gate"...

Yeah, the problem is that they acutally do get to the gate first. I race a
little
car and enjoy it, but I must admit that I go to the fence and watch the
groundpounders. Plus, I can remember the very moment where I experienced a car
that actually shook the ground -- Ralph Salyer, Chevy powered Cheetah, Wilmot
Hills, Wisconsin first race of the year, 1964. I could feel it through the soles
of my feet. I think his car is still in existence. It's for moments like that
that I forgive all Corvette drivers for.......................fill in the
blanks..............at least they don't wear string-back gloves. Usually.

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue