Re: Left coast/right coast carnage, incident rate questions and

To: "Peter L. Krause" <pkrause@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Left coast/right coast carnage, incident rate questions and
From: "Reynolds" <grant62@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:37:33 -0400
Although there were three injury accidents at IRP, they were totally
unrelated and only one has an agressive driving component. One was an
equipment failure(flywheel), one a moderate speed spin that turned into
something worse (Turner), and the Formula Vee incident happened while one
driver was trying to lap several slow cars and locked wheels with one of
them. The track was unacceptably rough for nearly two thirds of its length,
but the Turner and Vee both crashed where it was reasonably smooth. They
don't prove that "left coast is less agressive than right" or that "right
coasters are balls to the wall SCCA Runoffs drivers". VSCDA is not a
business but a true club well run by volunteers.  So while there is a great
deal of merit in Peter's msg in principal, the IRP accidents don't conform
to any set of theories. They were just three unfortunate accidents that are
the reason why we are constantly reminded that motor racing is dangerous.
Grant Reynolds