Re: TR-3: Autocross, brake fade

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-3: Autocross, brake fade
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:04:05 -0500
John,
There's another possibility . . about a hundred years ago, I sat in on a
seminar conducted by Triumph's race people at some SCCA soiree.  They
answered the exact same question many of us had about pedal loss on our TRs
with something like:

"Oh that, what you're having there is brake pad "knock-back"  . .  the TR-3
spindles flex, you know, under hard cornering with grippy tires, and the
disc pushes the piston back in the bore . .just give it a couple of pumps to
get it back right!!! "

I'm not sure THAT was the reason, but I started racing formula vee really
soon after that!
<-:
Tony