Re: Pedigrees, Exclusivity and Vintage Racing "so what"

To: mcobine@earthlink.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pedigrees, Exclusivity and Vintage Racing "so what"
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:20:27 EDT
    Well thought out and excellent points to consider.  I particularly like
the comments regarding the loss of "templates" to measure against.  The
standard shifts from the honest example preserved from 25, 30, 40 years ago
towards the newly minted and much improved vintage race cars.
    My car is rare and never made a mark in SCCA racing so I really have not
seen anything that would serve as a proper "template".  My budget has
dictated that I keep things fairly simple and original.  Budget driven or
not, I still take considerable pride in the idea that my car actually
complies with the "period" GCR's.

    Doug Meis
    1967 Honda S800 roadster
    - off to Pittsburgh in the morning for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.