Finding Parts

To: Vintage Race List <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Finding Parts
From: Richard Hardison <cobra@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 13:55:10 -0500
New subject name to continue the conversation about finding parts!

I got quite a surprise in 1994 when we built a '65 AC Cobra replica
which had interesting components like a '78 Lincoln rear end, Corvette
master cylinder and steering column, speed shop built 351W engine, etc.
Finding parts was a nightmare.  Most came from catalogs, and some of
them worked when they arrived; many didn't.

Things got more interesting with the '70 Titan FF, the '68 Winkelmann
FB, and now the '59 TR3A.  Try going into the local parts store and
telling them that the car is a Winkelmann!

The best resource I have found is this list and its "cousins" for
specific cars.  Finally decided that "finding parts" is an interesting
element of the game!

Richard