Re: [Fwd: GT40 Height]

To: Jody007@aol.com, Michael_Gee@bc.sympatico.ca, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: GT40 Height]
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:16:27 PST
[from vintage-race-owner@autox.team.]
>In a message dated 3/13/01 10:55:11 PM !!!First Boot!!!,
>Michael_Gee@bc.sympatico.ca writes:
>
><<  "The  Ford GT-40 is so named due to it's overall height of 40 inches." >>

That is what I have always read and believed for the past 30 years.

>  I recall seeing some show where they said it was forty steps (paces) from
>two different buildings or offices and that was the source of the "40." Have
>heard the height theory too, and more often.

That sounds like a combination GT350/GT40 story, the 350 came
from the number of steps between buildings at S-A.

And it is true that the GT40 was originally called just the
Ford GT...if I remember correctly.

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
mailto:walt_boeninger@hp.com          99 C5 Hdtp   | 86 Mustang GT