Re: Tow vehicles

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tow vehicles
From: "Peter L. Krause" <pkrause@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:56:32 -0500
I really enjoyed my 9-passenger "informal" (no partition)1976 Cadillac
limousine on a 1975 commercial chassis that I bought from Al Goldstein
(publisher of "Screw" magazine.)

Towing a Fiat 850 Spider, I had perhaps the greatest "delta" in displacement
between tow vehicle and race car, as the Caddy was just under ten times the
displacement.... Nick England blew up the transmission by driving it home
from Summit Point in second gear with a steadily failing speedometer, until
we were going about 80 mph when he turned around to me, riding in the back
of course, and said "Boy, we sure seem to be flying!....." Simpler times...

-Peter Krause