Re: Summit Point Zoning Woes

To: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Summit Point Zoning Woes
From: Joseph_Chimbolo@hyperion.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 17:10:42 -0500
Everyone has great idea's..  I suggest looking back to learn lessons with
Bridgehampton.
That was a very organized and supportive campaign.  But someone angered the
wrong officials.
They had so many restrictions that I don't think they were even allowed to cut
the grass.

We CAN NOT afford to lose another track in the North East.  Do it right this
time.  It is definitely a
tightrope.  I would hope the issue can be resolved and used as a reference as to
how a track
can be built in a community.  There are no other options in the NorthEast!  We
need tracks to
exist near residential areas.  Most of all we need a new track, and this can be
a model of how it
can work.

You can't please everyone though.  I can remember working through college
cutting grass at a local
country club.  The area developed many new houses around the course.  On
weekends we had to cut greens at
5:30 am to be ready for the weekends players.  One Morning a new home owner on
the course came running
out to me, shouting and swearing telling me to turn off the mower.  I responded
accordingly.  He moves in
to have his house with a golf course view, but didn't want to hear the square
mile of grass cut.

So this is nothing new. People are absolute jerks.  But when you piss them off,
they can get even worse.
Be sure to be or look like the good guy, make them look extreme.  The Democrats
have been very
successful with that strategy - sorry democrats, that's my opinion.