Sound Restriction

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sound Restriction
From: "Don Queen" <donqueen@Inreach.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:48:12 -0800
Most of the citizen resistance to racing has to do with noise.

Nothing, in my humble opinion, matches the sweet roar of my Alfa with an
open exhaust at 7500 rpm, but --- I blew 110 db at Sears last month.

The reality is that my laptimes are NOT affected by adding my FlowMaster
system and with that setup I can run Laguna at 92 db.

I think all our clubs need to be more proactive on noise and drag all of us
(me included) to the realization that if we are to continue to race in an
ever more crowded environment, we've got to stop asking for an argument by
making so damn much noise ! There are any number of systems available to
correct the problem. If we put a small percentage of our engineering efforts
into noise reduction, I think we would be welcome by the locals or maybe
even go unnoticed.

But God don't it sound good !

Don