Re: Summit Point Zoning Woes

To: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Subject: Re: Summit Point Zoning Woes
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 07:28:18 -0600
Calvin Krug wrote:

> >Hello All,
> >
> >I just received an email attachment from a fellow flagger friend who
> >participates a great deal @ Summit Point. Apparently our fellow racer & track
> >owner, Bill Scott, is coming up against a local group who wish to limit his
> >activities at the track.
> >
> >The group is calling themselves Citizens Against Raceway Expansion (C.A.R.E.)
> >Under their proposals use of the track would be restricted to 9am - 5pm on
> >Mondays-Saturdays and from noon-5pm on Sundays. Noise levels would be
> >restricted to 65db. They are also looking at restricting the anit terrorist
> >school activities.
> >
> >This is most disappointing news. This is exactly how we lost Bridgehampton!
> >
> >Regards,
> >Maura MacEachern
>
> I will never figure out how someone can move in next to a race track,
> and THEN complain about the noise.  If the track was there first, it
> has seniority, and if they don't like the noise, I'll be happy to
> sell them earplugs.
>
> Calvin Krug
> (not my day to be politically correct)
> --
>   I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that
> are someone else's fault.

Here in the Midwest, there are fairly frequent problems with subdivisions
springing up within smelling distance of farms that have been in families for
over
100 years. People are funny.

Maybe we should have a fund to buy race cars for those bozos.

--

uncle jack

The Attorney General advises that vintage racing may be hazardous to your
wealth.