Re: fuel gauge help needed

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: fuel gauge help needed
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 22:13:39 EDT

<<
 We are trying to drive a two terminal 1960's vintage fuel level gauge
 with a three terminal sender in our new Fuel Safe cell. So far, we think
 we've tried every possible hookup, with zero results.

 We think the gauge is operable, because when we apply twelve volts, it
 reads full, and six volts will make it read half full. However, we
 haven't figured out how to get a varying voltage from the sender to
 apply to the gauge.

 Has anyone else actually gone through this?

 --

 TR6 -- 29 and still running
 TR4 -- 39 and still racing

 Jack,

The Fuel Safe Sender unit had three terninals, a send, a negative and a
positive.  It is therefore uncompatable with you stock gauge (I believe).
Consifder buying the Fuel Safe Gauge, Works great. I would guess that you
didn't get any instructions with the unit.  This happened with one of my
mates in CSRG, Chuck Canapa.  When he saw the Fuel Safe sender in the boot of
my MGB on the Fuel Safe Pro Cell, he wipped out his pen and began making a
diagram.  Needless to say, my sender came from FS with the terminals
identified.  FYI, I also bought the gauge from FS.  Works great and the low
fuel warning light (extra option) is added insurance against running out of
fuel on the track.  Consider contacting FS for a diagram of the sender
terminals.  If you need further asist, contact me.

Cheers

Rod Schweiger
'64 MGB hardtop coupe #119