More on the Jefferson 500

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on the Jefferson 500
From: "Vaughn Rockney" <vintagegarage@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 23:12:59 -0400
Listers,
  I received more info from James Redman on the entries so far.  This looks
like one of the best events for 2000, and a "must do"!  Here is the news so
far:

"We should have an interesting weekend..Bobby Rahal is bringing a Porsche
908/2 as is Henry Payne. BMW is hosting a party Friday night at Tom Milners
shop..the old Group 44 facility, as well as sending a Z8 and M5 to use as
pace cars..along with one of the current M3 racers, an M1 racecar and the
3.0
CSL that Dad won Sebring with 25 yrs ago! he may race it in the all Porsche
Eifel Trophy..Well it's not a Porsche but it is German.

As usual we have a great turnout of small bore cars..Elvas, Turners,
Tojeiros, Lotus's (Loti?) and the usual slew of Minis, Sprites, and Healeys.

The formula car ranks are filling up with lots of Formula Fords, Atlantics,
Super Vees and even the odd Formula 1 car.

As for the big bore stuff, AC Cobras, Corvettes, Mustangs, Cameros and
Astons
should keep everyone happy.

For the sports racers we have the usual Chevrons and Lolas along with the
Porsche 908s and also a couple of 906 and 907s.

Once again a fun relaxed weekend at Summit Point with lots of track
time..Enduros and two 18 lap races on Sunday for the Formula cars...and a
great get together Saturday night in the packing house of the Summit Point
Orchards...."

WOW! Sounds great!  This is also a Monoposto Racing event, so I'm expecting
I'll have my hands full keeping up, with many of the top drivers expected.
If you don't have a car ready for the weekend, this would be a good event to
spectate at, too.  Please stop by my rig if you do and say hi.

Vaughn