Re: Fw: Trying to race date 1959 MGA

To: JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fw: Trying to race date 1959 MGA
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 07:30:05 -0500
My memory is vague on the drivers log book issue, but I THINK that SCCA
decided to use a drivers logbook some time in the 70's instead of the
license, but had so much trouble with the program that it was dropped.
The idea was to keep track of mis-behaving drivers with log book entrys,
but you could not believe how many log books seemd to just get lost
after a negative entry.  Hum???

We still have, of course, the novice permit, which is in fact a sort of
log book, in which drivers school requirements are signed off as
accomplished, then two regionals required to get a regional license, or
you can just keep the novice permit and run a full 6 regionals on that
document and then apply for a national license.

SCCA regional, national or dual, (national/pro) are all simply notations
now on the membership card instead of a separate document.

I still have the cardboard national license I gained in 1964 in a scrap
book somewhere.