Re:Fans

To: brian@uunet.ca, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Fans
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:07:59 EDT
FYI:

On the Locort, I found I had a problem with no fan if idling on the grid too
long, or with some long yellow flag or red flag situations.

The solution was simple.  I took a plastic flexiblade fan with multiple
blades, and cut the blade length down to stubs (about 1.5 inches or less
each).  This provides just enough air movement through the radiator, so I can
idle for long periods without overheating, and allows plenty of air flow
around this area when at speed.  This fan is mechanically driven by the
engine and draws neglible power at revs due to the stubby blades.

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128