Re: A bit off the topic, but what group is likely to know more?

To: Paul Meis <pmeis@bgsm.edu>
Subject: Re: A bit off the topic, but what group is likely to know more?
From: mark w roper <markwroper@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:25:53 +0100
The Audi is built from the VW golf floor pan as is the Audi A3, Beetle,Skoda etc
but as for the recall, a friend of mine has one and I asked him about the recall
and it is due to the car trying to swap ends if you lift mid corner. I said that
I didn't think it would worry him as he is a very experenced driver, (won Le
mans
C2 1990 etc),but he told me he felt the problem was transmission, if you lift,
it
unloads the drive from the rear wheels and becomes front wheel drive! He tested
it on a fast dual carriageway sweeper in the early hours of the morning one day
when he was travelling at an indicated 150 mph, he said it was violent and he
had
to use the grass on both sides of the road!
I had a drive of the beast and I thought it was a good car and nice lines, but I
will stick with my old 911.

Mark