Re: Coolant Hoses

To: "doug armstrong" <darmstrong@ptbo.igs.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant Hoses
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:49:18 -0400
http://www.hosenow.com/
http://www.federalhose.com/silicone.htm
http://www.bakerprecision.com/silicone.htm
http://www.ggh54.dial.pipex.com/

It appears to be widely available, and every choice is Blue!  I bought my
straight hose from Cisco - who is an industrial hose and parts supplier.  I
also buy my Aeroquip hose ends, brake hose, etc there if I'm in the area.

I'd just call a local industrial hydraulic supplier in your area, and armed
with info from the web pages you should be able to buy what you need.  As I
said I used aluminium tubing for all of my long runs, bent to fit the
chassis, and use the hose for the end connections only.  I suspect that
buying this stuff from a racecar shop is the expensive way to go.  I did
buy my 90 deg bends from a race shop, but I was there and they looked cute.

Brian