Re: Vintage mirrors

To: mhenry@uswest.net, carlmcle@saturnnet.com
Subject: Re: Vintage mirrors
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:31:23 EST
To all:

This discussion has brought up the subject of mirrors.  In my research of
Lotus Cortinas, I could not find one vintage picture of a Locort with an
outside rear view mirror installed!!  ALL of the race cars only used the
stock inside mirror!  I found that most interesting.  I don't know if the
same is true for other vintage cars, but it would seem that mirrors were not
a priority then.  It reminds me of a scene from the old Gumball Rally movie,
where the Ferrari driver ripped the mirror off the car and threw it out,
saying something to the effect that "We don't worry about who's behind us,
only in front!".

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus (equipped w/makeup mirror) Cortina Mk1 #128